Sunday, September 14, 2008



My first book, Kiss Me, Kate will be released on September 24 and I cannot wait. I feel as though I've been looking forward to this day for years rather than the few months since I signed the contract. One of the most exciting moments in my life as a writer was the day Kelli (a real live human being) emailed to see more of the KMK manuscript. I used to joke that I should get the Ellora's Cave rejection letter tattooed to my butt so I could save them the paper!

My desire to be a writer has been lingering in the back of my mind for most of my life, but it was only about five years ago when I actually sat down in from of the computer and started listening to the muse. Kiss Me, Kate was one of the first stories I started writing--a few pages here, a few there. Most of it was written in the wee hours of the morning long after my husband and kids had gone to bed.

I've always been a huge fan in the concepts of 'happily ever after' and 'true love.' The main characters, Rick and Kate, as well as the secondary ones, Wes and Jill have begun to feel like extended members of my own family. It's been fun to watch their story evolve and improve (thanks to Kelli, one of the greatest editors of ALL time!). My mother always told me not to wish my life away, but I'm really hoping the next week and a half goes fast! Come on Sept. 24! I'm waiting!

3 comments:

Rhian Cahill said...

It's not even two weeks!!!
Yay!
And right before I fly to the US! I'll have to make sure I've go it on the laptop before I go. Although, maybe I shouldn't read it on the plane. LOL
Many, many sales to you sweetie.
RC

Cathy said...

Yeah Mari, big congrats on your first release, definitely worth celebrating. I've just added this one to my wish list, too.

Wylie Kinson said...

Mari - An exciting time, to be sure.
Congrats on your first release. I look forward to reading KMK.

Here's to many sales *clink*